Sunday, September 29, 2013

Addict

Hello, my name is Duffy and I'm a cheese addict. It has been 9 days since my last bite of cheese.

Unfortunately... I seem to have replaced the cheese addiction with this:
(Honey Roasted Cashews-- Salt, Sugar & Fat: the whole addiction triad!)
 
 
 
I've also been drinking a fair amount of this:

BUT, I have not had ANY of this:
(not actually a temptation for me)
Nor this:
(HUGE temptation, in terms of fast food and cheese sandwiches)

Nor this:
(HUGE temptation at every convenience store, grocery store and checkout counter!)


I have been 90-95% WFPB for over 1 week now.  I give myself a 90% when I have honey-roasted cashews and coke; a 95% when its just coke.

This week my goal is to have at least 2 days of 100% WFPB.  The good news is that I've dropped 8.6 pounds already.  The bad news is that I can easily eat a 1,350 calorie bag of honey-roasted cashews in a single sitting.

The good news however, is that if I swap those cashews out for foods lower on the calorie-density scale, I can eat a lot more volume and feel satisfied for less calories.

(Jeff Novick's calorie density scale)
 
 
Here's to another WFPB week; may it be in every way even better than the last!



No comments:

Post a Comment